Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Normal week...

If it was last week, I would be celebrating right now because tomorrow would be like my Friday. Alas, I have a full work week this week, and Friday WILL be quite a doozy. We have this thing called "Club Day," which was supposed to give students who were uninvolved in clubs a chance to be involved by having them meet once a month during school. Well, when those who are not involved in a club are given the option of attending a club or hanging out in a classroom for an hour of unproductivity, they generally choose the hour. I am in charge of managing that chaos for my team, and it is SO exhausting and overwhelming... not to mention completely unproductive.

Oh well... it is a new idea, and all new ideas need to have the kinks worked out of them. It will work out better eventually.

This week has been normal. Lots of work, lots of meetings, lots of teaching, and lots of grading. Next week will be even MORE fun, with 75 scary stories to grade. And my kids are GORY... I will not be sleeping well next week... too many nightmares...

Chris has had his first BIG article due for his job, and I guess it went well. I don't know because he doesn't talk about it. Next month will be a BIG open house that he must plan and run. I finally got him to write something on this blog, but it was really me copying and pasting a response from another blog. Scroll down if you haven't read it because it's pretty good. Not funny, but very enlightening. Chris always has something good and smart to say. Maybe one day he can channel that...

Last weekend was wonderful. We meandered on up to North Carolina for a vacation and to watch two dear friends (Chris' roommate and one of my education buddies) get married. We had an awesome vacation at a Bed and Breakfast in Hendersonville (the Angelique Inn), and we even had time to walk around the town and enjoy a local soda shop. Friday and Saturday were a little insane, though, especially Saturday. I ended up directing the wedding and helping out wherever needed. Since my hubby was in the wedding as a groomsmen, I offered the bride my services, if she needed it. Saturday was a 14 hour day, but it was an awesome 14 hours spent with friends. The wedding ceremony was beautiful and sweet, and thankfully there was a funny moment to keep me from crying too much. The reception was rockin' with good food, sweet toasts, and amazing dancing! :) I even got to sing (with my gals, of course) a classic Moulin Rouge song. I must share that I am SO happy for them both to be happily married. I am also very thankful that they are my friends.

This weekend is looking good. I will get to experience my first communion service as a Primitive Baptist. It makes me smile just to think about it. :) Chris and I will have some down time to ourselves, and we will have some awesome fellowship with our dear church family... making up for the weeks we missed. One bad part of last weekend was a SERIOUS cramp I got in my calf in the middle of Saturday night. I woke up around 1am in the morning, startled, with a cramp so scary that I could feel the dent!! No matter what I did, nothing helped. No matter how I moved my foot, no matter how Chris massaged it, it would not go away! Then, when it did go away, I would move my leg and it would come back. I had to get up and walk around and stretch for a looong time before I felt ready to risk going back to sleep. I was up until around 3am, so when the alarm for church went off, Chris and I had only had about 2 hours of sleep. Not so good for driving. My calf also hurt, and the cramp constantly tried to sneak back. I am better now... but still afraid of waking up at night in pain... it was awful...

Anyways. I always make long entries. Bless you if you have read this far! I will leave with some pictures from this weekend...



Chris and I at Looking Glass Falls, but you can't see the falls. The next one below shows us at the falls.



A better picture... but there were too many people hanging around. TOURIST TRAP!



The picture above is one of the bride with some friends, her old roomies. We all had good times in college, and I am glad this was one more experience to share with them! :)

Happy week!

No comments: