Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Lookin' to be a good week!

My other family members with blogs have all updated, so I figured I would, too!

Nothing life-changing or earth-shattering over in our corner of the world... though I am going to congratulate my sister-in-law and her family for the baby they are expecting in June!! :) Chris was so silly on the phone, not catching on to Laura's hints about why they were looking at a new, bigger car until she outright said, "We will need an extra seat in eight months." HA! Chris can be so oblivious.

The only possible life changing event that has happened to me recently is a positive step towards keeping my job at Morgan County Middle School for next year! I had my first "Awareness Walk" today observed by my principal. An "Awareness Walk" is not a formal observation, but it is a time for an administrator to come in and make sure we are using our planning notebook, writing "KUDos" on the board (like objectives for the lesson), posting standards that match the lesson, practicing good teaching methods and strategies, handling a class, etc... My principal happened to walk in on an awesome day with an awesome class. He only had a few things to nit-pick at, but overall, his comments were very positive and nice. I brought it home to share today because I was so excited. :)

Chris and I also had an amazing weekend. We had a friend come up Friday night to hang out, and we went to Ellijay on Saturday. We bought apples and yummy apple things, picked pumpkins, went in a corn maze, and rode a hot air balloon! Wow! The corn maze was something we had both never done before, and it was hilarious because we ended up finding a group that was seriously lost, helping them make it to the exit. The hot air balloon was neat also because the sun was setting. We went up high enough to see the corn maze pattern from above and to look around at the farmland around us. It was a fantastic day. :) Sunday was awesome too, as always, because of the wonderful church that we belong to. As we drove back on Sunday, Chris and I thought about how we ended up in Madison with his awesome job that is better than grad school, and we thought about how we ended up at such a great church. Really, it was overwhelming to think about, but we just came to the conclusion that everything is perfect because God wanted us here. :) We couldn't have made all this happen to us!

This weekend is lookin' good, too because of a few things. I have Mountain Day stuff this weekend, including Charter Fellows education workshop with my amazing friends!! I cannot even describe how excited I am to see people I was with all day every day again! Saturday is little Joshua's 2nd birthday, so I am ditching Mountain Day stuff early to go celebrate with Brother Ronnie and Sister Jennifer. The weekend is real close, too, because I do not have to teach Friday!! yay!! :)

I hope everyone is having an awesome week!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ha! The corn maze sounds fun! I bet the hot air balloon was really amazing! Glad you're doing good.