Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Random Ramblings

So... I have survived a day of teaching with no hearing in my left ear! I was just sitting around last night, I shifted my weight, then-- BAM!-- something moved in my ear and I couldn't hear anything out of it! I used ear drops, water-- everything I could think of to wash my ears out, and nothing worked! I gave up until the end of the day today; I just got back from an urgent care center and I can hear, as the doctor said, "in stereo!"

It was tricky to keep the students in the dark about my lack of hearing because I could not hear them!! Somehow, I did! Tomorrow I get to meet with parents because it is parents as partners day, and tomorrow will be interesting!

Chris is watching this "Vick Divide" thing on ESPN. It makes me SICK!! I am SO tired of hearing about Michael Vick and his crime. I believe dogfighting is WRONG, and I think that when you chose to be a celebrity, you open yourself up to press, both good and bad, no matter what your race. ESPN solicited volunteers to be in the forum, and the only people who cared enough to show up are racists. All they have done is complain about how the press is biased against black people...

One gentlemen spoke up to say that it is all about the choices you make, and I AGREE. Vick made a bad decision. He is a celebrity. DO the math. HE deserves all the bad press he is getting... he asked for it!! To think that th Humane Society is in the wrong and boo them and their work.... I am just tired of hearing it...

*stepping down off of my soapbox*

In other sports news... the Braves COULD possibly make it to the playoffs!!!! They are three games back for the wildcard. They need to win this series, and, possibly, the next 6 games. I believe they can do it!! Gooooo Braves! :)

Nothing new or exciting is really happening. Chris and I have realized that we have NO free weekends in October, but that is okay! :) They are filled with good stuff-- Mountain Day, Joshua's birthday, Daniel's birthday, Chris' birthday, a wedding, and a church meeting!!! Yay! We are, however, taking the time this weekend to hang out and chill and get some work done around the house.

I am a horrible wife. I would be embarrassed if any member of my family or circle of friends stepped inside our home. I have not done laundry in a long time, and I have not cleaned up any part of this house in at least a week. It is a MESS. I keep thinking I will clean it up every night when I get home.... ha. It will be cleaned this weekend!!

I am encouraged by a second year teacher I have talked with. She told me that she does not do nearly the same amount of work this year as she did last year. I am eager, now, to get to next year. I will, however, always treasure my first year... just not all the effort and work I am having to put into it... :)

Let's see... this week is the norm... then October! I can't believe we are getting into the last months of 2007. SO funny to think that the year that I was so anxious to get to is almost over...

Anyways. I have been rambling long enough! I hope everyone is doing well! I am thinking of posting some pictures reeeal soon... as soon as I figure out how! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

So glad your ear is better. Hope today goes well with the parents!

Not only is dogfighting wrong, it's sad. It really is...

Can't wait to see you both!