Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Long week...

I am relaxing right now with some Grey's Anatomy season three... I accidentally forgot to bring home some quizzes to grade. Whoops! :) The next two days will involve drafting personal narratives, so there will be some easy days for me. Friday will be stressful, though, because the BOE will be at the school, and I know that they will be stopping by my room to see what is going on. woo hoo! I hope they like what they see.

Today has been overwhelming to say the least. I have found out that we are planning our units and lessons wrong, so now we have to meet to plan our next unit right! It is so scary about how our actions as teachers really really impact our students! It was so overwhelming for me two weeks ago. I handed a test to my mentor teacher that most of my students did not do well on, and her question for me was if they failed the format or the content. That thought never crossed my mind, and if they failed the format, it is MY fault that they failed. It was an awful feeling that I cannot even describe. I came home and cried. For a long time.

My learning curve as a teacher affects them, but it is not just me! All teachers have those horrible years. The years where they look back and pity their students. That will be this year! I am taking it day by day right now... hoping I will be able to keep my job for next year. I love MCMS! I want to stay!

Oh, well. Nothing too exciting is going on anyway. Chris and I are just hanging out... eating food, watching TV..

We went to Talulah Gorge on Labor Day. I had a lock in with my students Friday night. We went to Gwinnett on Saturday and hung out with my friends and family for a little bit. We enjoyed church on Sunday... as always! :) We got to eat lunch with Brother Ronnie and Sisiter Jennifer, too. Yay! It makes me sad that I only see my church family once a week. I wish I could see them more!

Enough with the rambling... I am going to rest and chill. It is a midweek present to myself! :) God bless!

1 comment:

Lenalee Robinson said...

As one who is 20 years ahead of you on the learning curve (and still learning, I might add), trust me when I tell you that a inexperienced but sincere and caring teacher who is trying to make herself and her students better is ultimately going to succeed at both. It is much easier for a teacher who has all of the form and function down pat but who doesn't care to mess up students than one who messes up those things occasionally but does care. I have no doubt that you are doing fine and that you are already making more of a positive difference in your kids' lives - personally and academically - than you will ever know. Hang in there! - Lee Robinson