Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Another typical conversation

I'm thinking that this will become a series on this little blog of ours. Chris and I have so many funny conversational moments that I need to record for future generations. Or just to make someone besides us giggle.

Anywho...

Tonight as we climbed in the car, a jam song came on the radio. The most memorable lyrics are, "Lean with it, rock with it." It kinda repeats it over and over and over...

Well, I was jammin' myself as Chris cranked the car up, then I heard the little hummm of the driver's seat as Chris was leaning the chair back. I began to eye him with curiosity because he had just sat there, so the seat was set for him to drive from.

Within seconds, the song ended, and the hum of the seat moving ended as well.

Chris was pretty upset, and he exclaimed, "Frick! I was just trying to lean with it!"




Okay. Maybe you had to be there. But I laughed about it for a solid five minutes.

And just now, another gem from Chris:
"You know, I should do more nonsensical 'yo' mamma' rants... like 'Your mom is a trapeziust' or 'Your mom likes Tobasco sauce!"


His sense of humor was one of the first things I loved about him, and I always knew I wanted to marry a man who could keep me laughing.

We are enjoying our lazy summer nights right now... the first pop-up storm of the summer is providing a soundtrack for me right now, and I LOVE it. I know, generally, that these storms have a lot of bark, but not so much bite, so I can enjoy these storms. The real things tend to frighten me.

Of course, last July, a pop-up storm rumbled through, and it had some bite. Chris and I were cooking dinner, and our power kept flickering on and off. I was real concerned about the power of the storm, and Chris just shrugged it off, saying that pop-up storms don't cause anything serious to happen.

Within five minutes of that jinx, Chris and I sat down to dinner, just to be startled by the weather alarm that Madison has to warn of severe weather. We had no idea why it sounded, but we sat in our little bathroom for a bit in case it meant something like a tornado.

The next week I glimpsed through a newspaper during my break at Chick-Fil-A, and a little article shared a fun story. A funnel cloud was spotted above the Buckhead (a super small down 15 minutes east of here) fire department, so they sounded an alarm.

Fun story, huh?

I think I have rambled enough.

Take care!

No comments: