Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Four Years

Four years ago, Chris and I liked each other, and we were the only ones who did not know it.

Four years ago, Chris and I ended up on an accidental date to Centennial Olympic Park and the Spaghetti Factory, ending at the Waffle House in Rome where a drunk guy scooted in next to me on the booth and hit on me. We decided on trying a real date the next week, and then, once back in our dorms, talked on AIM for hours into the morning.

Four years ago, Chris and I went to Waffle House every night for one full week, learning more about each other over chocolate pie, cokes, and waffles. As with the weekend before, we came back from Waffle House late and talked on AIM until the wee hours of the morning.
Four years ago, the night before our first official, real date, I got a call from Chris. He asked me if I wanted to be his girlfriend because he knew that he wanted to only date me. With a big smile on my face, I agreed.

Four years ago today, without knowing what would happen, Chris and I decided to be a part of each other's lives.

Here we are, four years later, married. Sometimes it is really hard for me to think about how things have changed in my life from that point; it is weird for me to think how far we have come as a couple. We have committed our lives to each other.

I love reflecting back on the excitement in the early days of our relationship. I love thinking about the first few weeks (described above) where Chris and I could not get enough time together. I love thinking back to the early days and thinking about how that excitement transitioned into a deep joy in him and in our love. Lord willing, Chris and I will have so many more years together, and so many more experiences to share.

I am thankful for February 6, 2004, and the decision that we made. I am now a happy wife and member of such a wonderful and loving family.

I am blessed. God has blessed our relationship, and I could not be happier.


Chris and me, celebrating six months together on August 6, 2004 in Athens, Georgia, the city in the middle of our two hometowns.


Chris proposing to me at Panther Falls on October 22, 2005.


Exchanging our vows of marriage before God, family, and friends.


Mr. and Mrs. Edwards!! :)

"I'm gonna love you
Like Nobody loves you
And I'll win your trust making memories of us..."

3 comments:

Laura said...

AWW! That was so sweet! Hope you're both doing great! Love y'all and hope to see you soon!

Unknown said...

Aww!!! You two are so cute! Love y'all.

Jennifer said...

That is so sweet! We love ya'll and can't wait to see you on Sunday!!