Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm so silly!

Back in January of 2007, I had to have an emergency root canal done on one of my front incisors. Apparently, back in my rough and tumble days of being a tomboy, something smacked me in the mouth and killed that poor wittle toothie! I am still thankful for the persistent hygienist who stubbornly believed that the discoloration on that tooth wasn't left over from braces. She saved me from a lot of pain! :)

Anyways... I had an emergency root canal completed by a dental endodontist. I went back to my regular ol' dentist to finish the work with a crown on my dead tooth. Well, they told me that I needed a temporary crown while the real one was being made in a lab, and here is where the silliness starts! I thought the temporary crown was an obvious fake tooth, so I went in panic mode (since job interviews were about to begin) and asked if the crown could wait.

My dentist laughed and agreed with me. He filled in what he needed to to keep my tooth from chipping or cracking, and told me that I didn't need to rush. Well, today, I got my temporary crown in... and I don't know what was wrong with me! It blends on in with my normal teeth... except for the temporary cement, but you can't see that!

I feel so silly, and this mistake is not cheap... Back in January of 2007, my parents and their insurance would have paid for it. Now I am paying for it with stinky state insurance...

So, if you are ever needing a crown, don't make the mistake I made! The "fake" tooth they put in for 2-3 weeks is matched and looks just like the real thing!

*sigh* Sometimes I really don't like learning things the hard way... but isn't that what being a grown up is all about sometimes??

No comments: