Thursday, August 28, 2008

I wonder...

When we got back into the car after the funeral, it was like God had picked the songs to play on the radio. First came the song by Third Day: "My hope is in You; show me Your ways; guide me in truth for all my days..." Then came my dad's all time favorite contemporary Christian song: "I Can Only Imagine."

When that song started, we all got real quiet, but, instead of being upset, I think the lyrics soothed us.

"Surrounded by Your glory
What will my heart feel?
Will I dance for you, Jesus,
Or in awe of You be still?
Will I stand in your presence?
Or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing 'hallelujah'?
Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine
I can only imagine..."

As I sang along, a question sprang up in my mind:

What did Dad do when he first saw Jesus?

Did he dance?
Did he sing?
Did he smile?
Did he fall to his knees?
Did he hug Jesus?

I guess I will get to ask Daddy when I get there one day.

And as Pat said at the funeral yesterday, we will spend more time together in heaven than we will apart on this earth.

No comments: