Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The teacher is in!

Day two of school is over, and we are in full swing!

I just thought I would mention that to help explain the absence of posts here on this blog recently. Some exciting events to nte, however, are:

1. Our annual church meeting. The Lord truly blessed the meeting with great preaching and fellowship.

2. Laura and Deron moved to Georgia!!!! They are safe and sound in their new home, and Chris and I are SO excited that they are 35 minutes away from us now. It is such a blessing to have family so close.

3. School started. I am still in the honeymoon phase with my students, but I am pretty excited about the children that I am teaching. We are working on building a learning community so we can learn together, and they are really liking the concept. I am really looking forward to getting to know my students and helping them grow. On my first day of school, in my Bible study that morning, I read a passage that I feel really set my tone for that day and hopefully for my whole year:

Colossians 3:17: "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."

That verse was so inspiring to me! Talk about choosing your attitude... I am supposed to teach in a way that glorifies God, always giving thanks to Him! He gave me this gift, so I know He will guide me, especially if I look to Him in everything.

4. Breaking Dawn. That book was released and, sadly, I am still working on it. I hope to finish it very soon. I don't know what I think of it yet...

Hmmm. Is there anything else? hah! I ask that, but I just listed a ton of stuff up there! We have been super busy!!!

I'm looking forward to some time of rest and relaxation.

1 comment:

Ted and Dana said...

Glad it's going well! I can't wait to start! :) Keep up all updated!

Dana