Friday, August 29, 2008

A sweet note from an old friend

It comforts me (sometimes- it depends!) to know that I have the hardest part here. I know my Daddy is happy and rejoicing in heaven right now, not only with Jesus, but with his mom and dad, who he missed dearly.

Sometimes, when it is extremely hard to come to grips with why my Daddy had to leave us, I like to think that God just needed him up in heaven.

Why was my Dad needed in heaven?

I told many people at the visitation that the congregation grew so large in heaven that God had to add more microphones and sound boards, so He needed another sound tech to run the boards up there.

We got a note today from a former praise team leader that went right along that idea, and it made me cry at first, but now I smile when I read it. It says:

"At least we know he is in a place where the sound is perfect and the equipment never breaks down."

Amen!

No comments: