Friday, June 19, 2009

Lack of an update

Normally, I would title this post as an update on James, but there is nothing to report, much to my dismay. I am on a weekly basis now with my doctors, and today they told me nothing. The doctor commented that he "was no small baby" as he measured my belly, found his heartbeat, determined that James was head down and had dropped slightly, commented on how well my pregnancy has been, filled out an appointment card, and sent me on my way. It took a max of 10 minutes.

I left feeling very discouraged. I really want to know if some progress has been made in the right direction, especially since I am so worried that I won't go into labor at all. I also feel that each day that passes, my chances of having a c-section increase along with James' size. That discourages me even more because I don't want to spend my precious time off with James recovering from major abdominal surgery.

I don't want to complain or anything, so I am sorry if it sounds that way. It is a blessing that my pregnancy has gone so smoothly and that James has had the time he needs. God has truly been taking care of James and me, and I am incredibly thankful. I am really just struggling now with trusting God's timing and plans for James' birth.

His will be done.

No comments: