Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The end is near!

Last week, I posted as my facebook status that "the end is near." I was really referring to the end of school since I posted it on Wednesday and our last day was Friday. And oh what a happy day Friday was! I have NEVER been more excited for school to get out. Now I am struggling through this week to get all the post-planning work done, and I can say once again, the end is near! Tomorrow is our last day!

My facebook status, however, could also refer to the end of my pregnancy! As of today, I am 35 weeks pregnant. I can count down to James' due date on ONE HAND. Time seems to have flown by! My pregnancy has been a blessing; I have been extremely fortunate to have no complications and no major discomforts. I credit that to my job, keeping me up and around on my feet, instead of propping my feet up and, as one student told me I should do, eating sweet potato pie all day. Just recently a few discomforts have emerged, like being unable to get into a comfortable sleeping position!

I am SO excited to meet James. The fear and nervousness have not kicked in yet; all I feel is excitement to meet my little dude, to hold him and love on him as much as possible. I have a few things left to do to get ready for his arrival, but, in all honesty, we'd be ready for him to arrive today! I have made myself content, however, to wait on God's good timing, whether that brings James early or late.

Speaking of James' arrival... if you want to make a guess in the baby poll, please do so! It is unlocked now and can be played!

1 comment:

jeni said...

Yay! I voted in the poll! I left the "Who I Am" section blank ... it seemed complicated to say I'm your sister-in-law's sister-in-law. Worse, that I'm your husband's sister's husband's brother's wife! :)